West Broadway Housing Stakeholders Committee
West Broadway Housing Stakeholders (WBHS) is a committee that reports to the WBCO Board of Directors, and is intended to be a forum where discussion, input, collaboration and guidance can take place on local housing issues and proposed housing developments. The goal of the committee in the broadest possible terms is to ensure that local housing matters are well considered and neighbourhood partners clearly informed, particularly when making decisions or taking action.
- A forum for discussion, focusing on housing projects and issues
- To review local housing-development and programming proposals to ensure alignment with documented local housing priorities
- To ensure informed community dialogue on relevant housing-related issues
- Bi-monthly meetings
- Review development projects and make recommendations as described above
- Request regular presence and programming/policy updates from housing officials representing the three levels of government
- Provide space for members to inform and update one another on housing related issues, concerns, opportunities
- Invite guest speakers on issues or subjects of interest to WBHSC membership
- A ‘housing stakeholder’ is any resident, business owner, worker, or organization directly affected by housing issues in West Broadway. All community members are housing stakeholders
- WBHSC members are not lone individuals but representatives of large stakeholder groups such as non-profit housing providers, tenants associations, residents associations, West Broadway BIZ, community based organizations (CBOs) that offer targeted housing programs, CBOs that represent Indigenous/Newcomer/Senior/Youth/Houseless populations, etc
- A 5-person sub-committee made up of WBHSC members, WBCO staff, and (as needed) WBCO board members will consider membership requests, appointments or invitations. This sub-committee will meet annually or as required. The objective of this sub-committee will be to ensure that WBHSC membership accurately reflects the demographic make-up of West Broadway.
- Governmental representatives are considered ex-officio committee members and do not have voting privileges
- WBHSC reserves the right to enact term limits for membership and to enforce a ‘miss three consecutive meetings and you’ll be replaced’ rule
If you are planning a development project and would like to engage community members in a consultation, please contact [email protected]