Small Grants Program
West Broadway Community Organization is accepting applications for the 2022-2023 West Broadway Small Grants Fund. Apply now!
What is the Small Grants Fund?
The purpose of the West Broadway Small Grant Fund is to support community building and community connecting projects that enhance the wellbeing of the West Broadway neighbourhood. Some examples of eligible projects include community clean-up events, community gardening initiatives, local newsletters, cultural programs, communication and networking activities, community celebrations, and programs for seniors, isolated adults, and youth. Applicants are invited to apply at any time. For the 2022-2023 Small Grants Program, all projects must be completed, and final evaluations submitted, by March 15, 2023.
Successful projects will:
- Take place within the West Broadway neighbourhood.
- Enhance the strength and cohesion of the West Broadway community.
- Emphasize community building and connecting activities.
- Reflect the goals of West Broadway's current Five-Year Community Plan/have identified support of local residents.
- Be sponsored by local groups or organizations (not individuals).
- Modest honoraria for facilitators may be eligible. Payments of wages or stipends to participants are not eligible.
- Small Grants cannot be used for capital improvements to private property.
- Projects involving the use of private or public property should have the written permission of the owners or the municipality.
- Applicants who have received funding in the past, must have provided complete and satisfactory reporting on past projects.
- $43,720 awarded in 2019
- $108,981 additional investment as a result
Who Can Apply?
Grants are available to groups and organizations located within West Broadway. The West Broadway community includes the area between Maryland in the West, Osborne in the East, Portage in the North, and Cornish in the South. These boundaries also extend to include the area around Gordon Bell High School, Westminster Church, and Mulvey School.
Size of Grants
Local organizations can apply for funds up to a maximum of $5,000 per fiscal year. Organizations can apply for more than one project per fiscal year.
Who Will Decide?
West Broadway Community Organization's Small Grants Committee, made up of members of the Organization's Board of Directors, will work with WBCO staff to review applications and make recommendations for approval. The Committee meets regularly and allocates funds based on the needs of the community, the quality of the application, and the track-record of the sponsoring organization or group.
Download the application form here. Completed forms can be emailed to email@example.com
If you require a hard copy of the application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pick up.
Each grant recipient is required to complete a final evaluation report after the project is completed. Download the evaluation report here.Completed evaluations can be emailed to email@example.com
If you require a hard copy of the evaluation form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pick up.
For the 2022-2023 Small Grants Program, all evaluations must be submitted by March 15, 2023.